isamlq

isamlq

Vivian Divine is Dead by Lauren Sabel

Vivian Divine Is Dead - Lauren Sabel

Vivian Divine is Dead. What an utter waste! It had me at the title but lost me somewhere after chapter two.

Too much like a telenovela, and this was despite the setting. That whole thing about doubt suspension being directly proportional to how entertaining something is still holds true, because things while unbelievable were also either frustrating or boring or some other negative participle. I just couldn't get with it!

Why?

Well, the lead for starters. Vivian Divine is not divine at all. There's a flatness to her that had me uninterested in what was going on (and there was a lot going on too). She is IT girl.. super star, power couple, Hollywood princess. You name it, she was it. Yet despite all that she read boring to me!

And frustrating too... because points of it had her all on top of her game then switch to some other bit and she's whiny and almost too-young in how she'd react. Hell, even the negatives to her weren't all that clear to me because I was simply uniterested in finding out.

The story too had me... feeling something. Just Think Telenovela: Handsome stranger meets beautiful girl with one of them on the run, both against a backdrop that starts all glitzy and Hollywood then shifts to something else totally. Then add mysterious threatening messages, death in recent past, publicized infidelity, and why not throw in absent parent syndrome. And let me not forget scary figures named Scars and then scarier boss-men who come out of nowhere. Simply? It's all too much.

Thank you, Edelweiss!