isamlq

isamlq

Love the One You're With (Love, Sex, and Stiletto #2) by Laura Layne

Love the One You're With - Lauren Layne

Love the One You’re With. So, recall Julie’s Dating, Love and Sex versus Mitchel’s Kiss, Cuddle, and Fuck? We’re on Love/Cuddle now, only now that’s not who Grace is, as she’s turning over a new leaf (for good reason.) Her little 1.0/2.0 split is hilarious because the changes? They’re drastic… plus, just to make things more interesting: she’s faced with a guy who goes against all the conclusions she’s made for herself about men. 2.0 is all about ball busting and cutting through BS, but the one she’s with is misunderstood.

I love that they both start with preconceptions (some spot on, others not even close.) Better is how they work with what they think is coming and manipulate the situations, themselves or each other. It’s all a game… till it isn’t, then things become more for each of them… despite them insisting that nothing of that sort is happening. They’re all so reluctant about where things were going… very “I like you… Maybe? Not?”

Basically, that shift FROM them thinking they both know how things are going to go TO the both of them being so turned around about what was happening. So. Cute.

Thank you, Net Galley!