isamlq

isamlq

Lady Thief (Scarlet, #2) by A.C. Gaughen

Lady Thief - A.C. Gaughen

I loved the romance of it all: decisions being made on being with a certain someone and wanting to stay true to that decision then doing so despite everything else going on. Consider: there’s more than one heart-wrenching moment here. The way things work out… him in a dark place and her purposefully putting herself in an even darker one. So that there’s almost an old–school romance feel here; the star crossed kind of them matching perfectly up but being hindered by so many incidentals to get were I wanted them to be.

Merry band of brothers they aren’t. Ron and his Scarlet are plagued with all these things that wrench them part. Little John and his wants make things even more difficult. The only thing I took issue with is her absolute goodness. She’s too good and because of said goodness things (all manner of things that had me shocked) were happening.

The ending has me pissy though; unlike the first one which wrapped things up nicely, this one has them dangling… and phew, but where are things to go now?