isamlq

isamlq

The Stone Girl - Alyssa B. Sheinmel See if I started this with an ‘Isa didn’t get this book’ then proceeded to say ‘Isa this,’ ‘Isa that…’ the same the Stone Girl progressed with its ‘Sethie this and Sethie that,’ well, I’d likely drive you crazy. That is if you’ve an issue with third person which I didn’t realize that I had an issue with myself. It felt clunky and clumsy at times with the all the telling going on. And if that’s not bad enough, the POV effectively distanced the girl from me. It kept me from feeling more sympathetic to what she was feeling. Though she did have me confused by how blind she could be with a certain someone. The ending too left me feeling cold. I felt it oversimplified matters. That all that she’d been going through felt reactionary. That suddenly there’s an amping up of what she was doing, feeling, experiencing came into focus after Shaw. I mean what about prior to that? How did Janey put i? That the way she was, was not a normal reaction versus healthy one? This felt like it was discounting everything Sethie had been saying even prior to it. I mean, somehow, Sethie recognized there was something wrong; she just didn’t have a name to put to it. Why make it seem like a mere reaction when something was wrong the word go.Thanks Netgalley!2/5