isamlq

isamlq

Waking Up Married - Mira Lyn Kelly WAKING UP MARRIED. Huh. I didn’t get it. Rich guy and smart girl get married in Vegas and it’s the guy who wants to stay that way? Once again, no blurb reading for me. It was the cover couple that won me over. The two certainly make the read look to be a fluffy fun read. And it was. But it also made zero sense once I was reading. So word of advice: leave common sense out of this. Hell, leave thinking out of this. Despite him remarking time and again on how smart she was. Or him casually pointing out how rational they both were and thus made for each other solely on that account. Well, the set up here is iffy at best. But hot. The smoldering looks. The ripping off of buttons. Hot, says I! Now set the smexy aside, and consider how it’s a couple that barely knows each other (not really a couple, actually) building up something more outside the bedroom; and how it’s him doing his best to convince her that there’s likely more to them because see… there’s that ineffable “thing” between them, riiiiiiight? right? Right. (Or so he insists) And then there’s that super smart girl-lead, all rational and reasonable but well, not really. Because one, he’s not that smart. And two, neither is she. And finally, their set up? Iffy, said I?… well, how’s about ridiculous instead? But hot… always the hot.