isamlq

isamlq

Reckoning (Strange Angels Series #5)

Reckoning - Lili St. Crow, Lilith Saintcrow When I started this series, Dru stood out. She was tough and ballsy. But book after book later what I liked in her was overshadowed by a lot of moping over being misunderstood. Once in a while though her old self would shove past all her mopey depressed ‘no one get’s me’ bit as well as past her being torn between good ole Graves and confident Christophe. And this fact is what kept me reading on. That and Graves. Yes, Graves girl, right here!This last installment has me equal parts satisfied and disappointed.On Dru. Yes, as she pointed out herself, she had a tendency to weep. A LOT. The good thing is when she wasn’t leaking; she was acting. Fighting back and being tough, just like the Dru in Strange Angels. Those moments of her in combat as well as moments of her thinking ahead both proved that she wasn’t the Mopey One in Books two through three. My biggest problem with her was how too focused she was on the physical changes brought forth by her blooming. (I was totally caught by surprise by her pouting over Grave’s failure to comment on the same. What a ridiculously useless thing to focus on! This was not the Dru I liked. That that moment had me shaking my head is. No joke. They’re being hunted by killer vampires and she’s worried about looking hot! That was not the time for such a concern.)On Graves then Christophe. I get where she’s coming from. When someone blows hot then cold, you kind of want to push them off the edge of a cliff. I get it. It’s just… I love Graves. Considering everything he’d gone through. I love, just love, everything about him. Everything she’d said about him was true. He was her rock. But Christophe was that too. He was there when it counted. Now this fact (that he’d rescue her time and again) is both a good thing and a bad thing for me. Him saving her is good; I just didn’t think she needed all the rescuing. I wanted her to rescue herself more often. And boy, did I get my wish in Reckoning.I think the best thing about this series is how both the loves have something to offer and both of them are good. Both have histories that suck but when she’s with either what’s good in them surfaces. Am I saying that she made them better? I might be saying that. But they made her a little better too. Then there’s Chapter 29. It had me weepy. I read this for the kick ass heroine and there I was getting weepy! But damn it… why end it that way?3/5