isamlq

isamlq

Chasing Magic (Downside Ghosts Series #5)

Chasing Magic - Stacia Kane Why do I love these people, him, the killer and her, the junkie? It seems so wrong somehow, but Kane makes it work. Nope, makes them work together. They’re perfectly matched in how screwed up they are. But it’s not just about them being screwed up, (even with the bulk of this is about trying to get over that.) She doesn’t rust what they’ve got but she loves him and him her... they really do! They prove this in every single one of those surprising moments of tenderness and sweetness. But beyond her and him… given their world, they had me appreciative of what ease they could get where they could get it. They offered each other that, even when one (or the both of them) questioned it. It’s also that last that fueled some of the most powerful and sexy scenes I’ve come across in this series. Chasing Magic is massively entertaining and that’s even if you discount the zombie-like junkies. I was all about their relationship-in-progress; that what that had me. Where Terrible's already ace in my book, Chessie's still trying to get there. She beat herself up too often, too frequently over what’s been done, over who she is/was. She doubts herself, then doubts them; which he mirrors. And it’s painful, because they do love each other, and their world (already screwed up to begin with) is coming to and end… but they’re so clearly in love but with her not quite sure about what to do with it. Consequence? Me, loving them despite how screwed up they were individually… because they were making a go of it together, weren’t they? Loved this!4/5