isamlq

isamlq

The Shadow Society

The Shadow Society - Shadow Society started off really well, with her saying a knife’s been thrown at her, with her describing this hot mysterious boy… and with her regretting meeting him all the same. Then it was less and less interesting mainly because (a) I’ve read a version of parts of this already, and (b) portions went unexplained. To my first issue I begin with the buddies. I mean sure they’re an odd ball group of people. While not popular, it’s is in fact their oddness that keeps them from becoming the ones unpopular. I think that’s the best that can be said for them, well that and the loyalty. I think Jim is the most remarkable sci fi madness and a random comment had pegs him the most odd, then Lily the artist and then Ramon, I mean Raphael, the best friend actor. And Darcy, what a generic name for such a non generic girl; she’s what glues all of them together… but when things start happening, the rest disappear from the picture for a large chunk of the story. So with just Darcy in focus, we see her meet this boy who’s mystery draws her (doesn’t it always?) we also see her realize a secret or two, but a lot of what she learns she learns in a too convenient way, which brings me to issue #2. How conveniently all their plans work out! How easily she meets so and so just as predicted… things line up too easily in this one, that I juts wasn’t buying it. Hell, even the romance fell into place happening precisely as other romances before it have. Basically? Good idea… interesting start but things went same old same old soon thereafter.2/5