isamlq

isamlq

The Nature of Cruelty by L.H. Cosway

The Nature of Cruelty - L.H. Cosway

he Nature of Cruelty is NA’s take on a boy’s pulling a girl’s pigtails because he likes her- except with more drama. Despite that last thing, this was not a bad read; mainly given female lead aware of who she is, what she wants, and more importantly, what she doesn’t want. Contrast all the moments with her to the flashbacks of why the male lead was the way he was- that he allowed things to progress as they did, I still wonder at, but this is less about him and more about her anyway.

It’s interesting: how mostly she’s this strong lead: new to so many things but not cowed by the same; continuing just that way, I can see the attraction he held for her. Now the reverse is still unclear to me. Why him? The guy in this one is a grade-A douche: past and present; no prize, he is; but let’s set that aside and focus on the girl and how his interaction with her has shaped some of what she wants and doesn’t want, needs and doesn’t need. Or the fact that they’ve shaped each other in a way: his behavior toward her has readied for more of the same while she’s opened him to the idea that not all things are negative. Yes, there are all those moments of woman on pedestal for him; yet it’s his contrary nature that has him acting as he does… which was in turns interesting then confusing. Bonus points on how there really only one big eye-roll moment here: MC’s and their speeches always crack me up.

Not bad.