isamlq

isamlq

The Destiny of Violet & Luke (The Coincidence, #3) by Jessica Sorensen

The Destiny of Violet & Luke  - Jessica Sorensen

I do not recall Kayden and Callie being the way they’re portrayed in this one—all lovey-dovey and crap; I cannot say it’s a portrayal I enjoyed. That said, the two leads in this one are a throwback to what got me started with this author to begin with. As with K and C, despite all the sads both leads were facing, there’s also an attempt to get on with their respective lives (emphasis on “attempt” of course).

OK, let’s get to it: getting through this was a chore… because the leads? The leads are IMPERFECT. She is of the adrenaline junkie and drug pushing variety; and he, being man whorish, substance dependent, is still attractive despite both those same things. Then there’s how both of them allow a glimpse into why they are the way they are... so basically: DRAMA. Not to mention obvious drama. NA seems to have become synonymous with this, has it not? because on one hand, we have her and the people she’s lost and how she’s coped with that and then on the other, we have him and the people he wishes he’d lost plus the way he’s (not) dealing with the way things are.

It’s OK I suppose… but if you’ve read on NA then I can honestly say, you’ve read this one too.