isamlq

isamlq

The Chocolate Touch (Amour et Chocolat #4) by Laura Florand

The Chocolate Touch - Laura Florand

Chocolate Touch…Oh, make me stop grinning.

This beats Thief, Kiss, and even Rose because Dominque and Jaime are such sweet hearts. Even the play on words and the play on her name and what he was hearing still has me grinning. She gives him her name, “Jaime” and he asks something like “What do you love?” No kidding but that’s but one moment that has me sighing so hard right now. Then there’s the funny on purpose moments too: the whipping so hard and the licking off of something: all that worked just as well, too. This book works on so many levels, in fact:

She’s lost and figuring things out. He really is a tough guy but puts on a sensitive front for her; both these things are so against the grain I could almost imagine the struggle. Then her and her wonderment over what he was seeing in her. In fact, the same wondering over each their worth and what the other saw; it’s all so precious! His and her “what” then “why,” made it obvious that the both of them while strong have insecurities that are laid out neatly enough but don’t drown out the romance. There’s a dark touch but that darkness doesn’t overpower the sweet romance going on. And it was sweet… from him seeing her for the first time, to her “using” him as she was, and even to the complications her family was proving themselves to be. Though the family’s not really a complication either… as they all allow some of the more entertaining confrontations to take place.

I enjoyed every bit of this.