isamlq

isamlq

The Secret of Ella and Micha - Jessica Sorensen Ella and Micha… why do I keep reading ‘Mischa’ and why do I keep picturing this big hulking Russian kid? God knows! Now, the story starts differently, I will give it that and half the time I had no idea what was happening, but it kind of fizzled for me close to the end because later it became clear that’s this was all about a girl owning who she was with the help of the guy who knew her best. I can’t say that I loved this because a lot of what Micha was saying/ doing actually pissed me off. Tits and ass.. tits and ass was about all he could say when considering the girl. We couldn’t get passed one page without some crudely phrased thing passing his head. Then again, he is a guy… except, do all guys think that way? Although… he does sort of white knight things doesn’t he? Good thing. Bad thing. You decide.The girl herself… hmm, what to say what to say? Her drama seems way blown out of proportion… though who am I to talk? It is a heavy thing what she’s dealing with 9or more apt, not dealing with) except there’s this lack of detail; it was insufficient to have me “into” anything. It’s all “because my mom was like this then I shall be like this” and it felt incomplete somehow as in that can’t be the only reason! So there’s some heavy stuff in here… I just wasn’t buying it all. Romance-wise, it’s not as typical as other books of the same type. She tries to do things her way… manages to do so to an extent, then when he comes into the picture it’s all about reviving the past… and her getting in touch with her truth and what not. So, this is me: not complaining (too loudly.)