isamlq

isamlq

Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2)

Rage Within (Dark Inside, #2) - Jeyn Roberts Eenie, meenie, miney, moe. Catch some suvivors by the toe. If they holler, kill them on the spot.It seems the whole YA survival post apocalyptic scene is not done with me yet. I suggest you reread the DARK INSIDE before going into this, because I certainly wish I had. I struggled to recall who was who, a feeling made worse by the four alternating points of view, but I got over it eventually and being the contrary person that I am: I can honestly say that I enjoyed this just as much as I did the first. So, yays for no sophomore slumps! Still told mainly by Mason, Aries, Clementine and Michael, each is confronted by scarier things, other than Baggers who kill for no apparent reason, it’s the shifting loyalties and the divisiveness, as well as assholes being assholes that made for a more interesting read. The scary black veiny eyed people, who kill for no other reason other than they could, apparently do have reasons, but as we’re figuring this out, the four protags here encounter more those like themselves allowing for a couple of truly funny situations, especially as assholes prove themselves to be exactly that. If in the first, it's mostly them making do as individuals, here they've banded together and formed a unit that's not quite cohesive. It's this banding together, following and the leading that chafes at each of them in a different way. Then there's the growing closeness of the romantic sort, well, let's just say it's gotten loads more complicated.Parting shot: I. know. Nothing! Pun totally intended3.5/5