isamlq

isamlq

Legacy (Night School, #2)

Legacy (Night School, #2) - C.J. Daugherty 3.5/5And we have a winner! By Book One’s end, I had come away feeling like I’d wasted my time. I felt like I’d read the same thing in tons other books before a much better way next to nothing. It wasn’t a terrible book per se, I just didn’t love the absence save of anything nothing new in it. I mean: New girl. New school. Secrets to Uncover. Plus a love triangle that’s immaterial given one of the guys being the obvious wrong choice. Me picking this up at all, is a surprise, but with February Sequels in full swing, I figured why not, right? And see now, this is me, pleasantly surprised. Not so simple anymore. Everything gets turned upside down: Allie, the love triangle, the school even. You’d think HEA for her in the love department right? Except not… Because in this one, the love but goes every which way. So much so that I didn’t know who to root for and when I did I’d change my mind again. And the school, friends and not friends being settled you think it’s all good there, too, right? Only it’s a no here too. Because as far as conspiracies and plots go… well it’s thickened here. We see what the baddy is after and maybe even the why, but we’re just not that sure. Plus, with Christian finally made an appearance, well my questions on that end are settled only to have more questions take their placePlus all the new people coming out and making things even more interesting like young girl genius and the father dude, who read so kick ass, well, it’s a wonder that I stopped to sleep at all. Then add in all the old people who still managed to get me feeling that one of them must needs be strangled! OK.. sometimes more than one of them and all of them together! They could just be so wrong sometimes. Carter, I’m looking at you. And Jo. Jo JO. JO… what’s to be done with you.Allie’s is still a screw up going eyes open head first into trouble, and I liked her more for that because her doing what she was kinda/sorta did make sense. She’s not just girl screw up getting reformed in this one rather she’s just girl screw up screwing up for the right reason, if there is such a thing.