isamlq

isamlq

Shadow Hills - Anastasia Hopcus I wanted to like it, and for while I did, but it got boring… and I got distracted so instead of focusing I had to start this book TWICE! Said fact did not bode well. Let me start with been there and done that. There are a lot of things familiar in this book, but I won’t bother with a rehash. The good part or the part that got me to start over were the mysterious elements. With her sister dead, Phe has convinced herself that her visions will help her with some closure. She thus find herself in the boarding school her sister would have attended. I did not mind that part so much, but I got a bit confused by her role in Shadow Hills? What was she? What did her dreams mean? And why were the townies so special? The thing that got me reading AND honestly confused was what made her so special. Phe is likeable enough. In fact there were things about her that just impressed me. She wouldn’t back down from bullies, she asked a lot of questions and she held her own (also all the things that put her in danger.) Zach was OK. It was not difficult picturing them together especially given the reactions they had the first time they met. The rest of the gang kept them from being too lovey-dovey (but it still was a little.) Bonus: No cliffy.