isamlq

isamlq

The Fox Inheritance - Mary E. Pearson just as i was about to type this up, the thought that it would be difficult flitted through my mind. as a fan of the first one, i wondered if a follow up truly was necessary (heck, i even thought its epilogue was superfluous.) jenna's story was one of my first psychological thriller (masked as sci fi) reads. and i loved almost every moment of it. so i really wondered if a follow up was necessary.answer: maybe not, but i read it anyway. you need not have read the first to get the story of this one, but you'll appreciate it more if you do. some of it covers the same things as jenna's story: that of aftermath. only where jenna's is of the physical ~ what she could eat, what she could and could not do; locke's and kara's is one that's more emotional/mental vis the experience of being isolated, the desciptions ( the horrors) of the same. this aspect got a little clearer with each 'lapse' that happened. if only that aspect had been explored more... because beyond that, their story shifts from the psychological thriller that marked jenna to another kind of thriller of chases and knock downs. not bad, but it did get a tad predictable at times.i liked parts of this. in the same way that i liked parts of locke and kara. with locke, i could feel conflict and guilt... loads of guilt. with kara, it was anger and calculation that jumped at me. and that ending had jenna climbing higher in my esteem too. climbing higher, you might ask, well... let's just say that kara's anger made senseto me.2.5/5