isamlq

isamlq

Glow - Amy Kathleen Ryan 2.5/5GLOW is dark.Glow is so very unexpectedly dark, but that aspect only really kicked into gear sometime around 61% Frankly, I am not a fan of the writing in this one; things just took too much time. However,  it's the twists and turns that had me covering my mouth in shock/ repulsion.While sixty plus percent was a lot to go through before things got interesting, I have to emphasize just how dark things got. There are people isolated, people drugged and violated... all acts done because of someone's vision of what others' roles should be. I was shocked by what they could do/ did. There's a pervasive atmosphere of threat that's most felt by the women both on their old home and new home. But there's also a shaking of reality for the boys.  Initially, none of the protagonists did anything to gain my sympathy. Where Kieran had it all, I could grasp why Seth behaved the way he did. And with Waverly the hesitant forward thinking, past considering one, I found her a tad unbelievable... that is until I didn't find her unbelievable anymore. Because all of them simply changed... some of them for the worst, others (arguably) for the better; but for all of them, their development/devolution was due to some trauma, some violation. Basically, as the story progressed so did they. They evolved (devolved?) And with the way things turned out, I am very interested in how things are going to play out later.It’s set in space and has characters that actually develop with each twist that the story took. And If you like ACROSS the UNIVERSE, you might like this… but like I said, GLOW is dark.2.5/5