isamlq

isamlq

Hunting Lila - Sarah Alderson What?! The cover is very misleading. I'd gone into this expecting another psychological thriller only there's none of that: Hunting Lila got really explosive near the end. Me to Lila, "Here's a towel. Please wipe the drool fromyour chin." Most of her thoughts centered on her life long love. And I do get where she was coming from. What with his being attentive, caring and sensitive when they were young? Then to his being all grown up, yummy and gun toting? I really understood the attraction he held for her. Still, it was a bit much.Might I add, her easy acceptance of things said as well as her quick about face was just that: QUICK, too quick that it was somewhat unlikely, even implausible.Despite those two things, I did get a kick out of this. There's mystery, conspiracy, bullets and blood. There's betrayal, then later eye opening discoveries. But it was all of that, that had me unsure. There was a lot to take in. At its start is a girl with a secret, OK. The same girl has long been in love with a certain someone, OK. Said girl's brother has a secret of his own... Hmm, OK. Only it doesn't end there because the thereafter had tons more twists so that I felt like the author had thrown in too much already.  I hope I'm wrong on that last bit because as it stands I'm quite curious about where she's taking the story. So, book two? I will read thee.2.5-3/5