isamlq

isamlq

Hounded - Kevin Hearne I shall gush now:CLEVER: It’s an excellent mix of myths of old and action PLUS all of those involved are positively hilarious. Atticus runs a bookstore/new age shop. But is really a druid in hiding. The people around him too are special and by “people” I mean gods, goddesses, witches, werewolves, and throw in vampire as well. On one hand Atticus is trying to keep a low profile, but on the other, he is being hunted by a certain someone. This someone has cops, witches and demons to do his bidding. HILARIOUS: Here, our druid can talk with dogs. What’s better is the dog he spoke to is absolutely endearing in this one. Sure, Oberon doesn’t go “Pooh, Todd! Pooh!” like Manchee, but he is just as cute, maybe even more so. That dog’s fixation on sausages and poodles just got me laughing. (Except if you’re listening to him on audio instead of reading through it, as I first was at first, well he sounded like a lackey from one of those mob movies.) Atticus on the other hand is positively hilarious! But when it came down to doing what had to be done he did not pull any punches. Think of Darynda Jones’s Charlie only smoother and not as heavy with the humor. ACTION PACKED: If anything bad could happen, it normally did happen... to him or with him around. So, he went into one scrape after another. AND BROUGHT IT. I think it’s this aspect that made things go really well for me. Where blood was to be shed, Atticus blinked, but later acted. So he wasn’t all bloodthirsty let me at 'em kick ass; he was “go with flow” till something ticked him off. Yet nothing felt overdone. It’s fast paced, and there was a reason for everything that took place. By its end each thing, each persons role, the reason behind each thing that happened was made obvious.Oh, Who am I kidding? I’m all about Oberon! But still: Next one please!4/5