isamlq

isamlq

Bloodspell - Amalie Howard 1.5/5You know that character, that dark, broody one with a secret so big that it has the character push others away? Well, there were two of those in Blood Spell; all very Edward meets Edward. This same fact allowed for a cycle of I love him/her but must not for his/her sake. Whiplash is what followed the break neck speed at which they changed moods. Neither of them could stick to a decision made; both of them blew hot then cold then hot again. ‘Twas mind boggling… this never ending on then off then on again! Things were not aided by a tendency towards telling rather than showing what was. For in one instance, things actually went along the lines of “Christian was a vampire! All that was missing was spooky music and a thunder-lightning duo! Not good I tell you. I’ve been trying to squeeze out a positive and yet the same still eludes me, for none of the characters were developed, none of them talked like you’d think one normally does. None of them provided me something to like, or even to dislike. The baddies were laughably one simple in what they wanted. I had hoped to get a little of something more from the telepathic kitty cat. Yet, even from his end things came up dry. Neither the goodies (Holly) nor the baddies added anything to the story. And speak of the baddies! Dear god… there be an evil twin. ‘Nuf said.Yet, the biggest issue I have with BS is Tori. For one who claimed to be “nothing but clear with what she wanted” as it dealt with Christian, she really, honestly, truthfully was anything but! Not that she was alone on that front because as I said, there are two broody ones here. Christian was no better with his Step One: Push her away. Step Two: Follow her around like a sad puppy. Step Three: Get pissed when she’d be with others. Step Four: Grovel for forgiveness. Step Five: back to Step one. This pattern is one they both held to time and again! Nope. Nope. Nope *shakes head*1.5/5