isamlq

isamlq

Unsticky - Sarra Manning I’m torn between hating everything in this book to loving all of it (mostly because I cannot stop thinking about the people in it.) It’s an absolute puzzle really. There was nothing good in them! The girl went from being superficial, to being whiny then to being a doormat then later worse, and the boy (if I can even call Vaughn that) is controlling, manipulative, emotionally stunted and was absolute ass. So, why was I reading it again? Should I say it was their very imperfection that drew me? I suppose so because I just could not pull myself away from them. Several times I had to relax my jaws from clenching too hard, too long, too frequently. Several times, I had to put UNSTICKY down because my stomach simply ached at how badly he could treat her… and that she would let him! And it was a feeling that kept up a good portion of the book. Because ten percent in, twenty percent in… ninety percent, I was still wondering at what a sad pair they were together, at how broken they were, and at how incredibly fucked up they came across. I really can’t say that I loved their story; I might say that I hated them at times (dislike is seems too tame a word.) I made the mistake of thinking UNSTICKY to a light, easy read… quick, and fun, and maybe with a few moments of me tearing up a little. I was wrong. Both of them made me angry as both of them screwed up time and again, but as their ending suggests, maybe they were made for each other.It started as a two for me, then steadily increased to an almost four, but I’m swayed by the fact that if really don’t like them as individuals, but in sad romantic way still hold hope for them as a couple. I’m going with a 3/5