isamlq

isamlq

Hexed - Kevin Hearne 3.5/5I loved the first one but find that I merely like this one… Wait, make that like moments of this one. Why? After an eye opening conversation on the first, I find myself agreeing with how some think that the author’s view of women might be a tad skewed. Yes, these books be women-filled, BUT none of them seem to be strong ones, as in thinking, non sex-driven or independent ones. There be goddesses, there be witches and even druids in-the-making. But it seems the lot of them needed to be taught a lesson by ATTICUS. HOUNDED had me grinning from how clever, new and funny I found everything in it to be, Oberon and Atticus I particular; none of this things are absent in HEXED. Atticus is still likeable too. I had no big issue with him being ancient and blending in with the present. I loved him and his seeming obsession with language, grammar and get this, sounding current. The mixing of mythologies and belief systems, were still fascinating. But again with eyes opened… I could see what some had issues with.Still, like I said it’s got really HILARIOUS bits. Oberon is still a WIN. His “peace dawg” and “sticking it to the man” still have me shaking my head. But if there’s one specific moment that’s got me stomp-laugh, it’s that bit with his lawyer, the widow and him being buck naked! Every single time I picture that moment I’m tickled pink! I’m still reading the next one :)3.5/5