isamlq

isamlq

Between the Lines (Between the Lines, #1) - Tammara Webber Let’s get down to it, shall we?The NegativesIt’s mostly Reid. The need to drop kick someone has never been so great as with this boy pig. Seriously?! What was there to like? Sure, he is a highly sought after actor given a face/body to die for, as well as his seemingly bottomless pocket…Oh … OK. But still! His personality desperately needed some attention. The way he went through one girl after another~ unapologetic, had me wanting to punch him. HARD. Did the delusionalromantic in me want him to be better? Did I envision a love so great as to move him to better himself? Sure, I did. AT FIRST. But one humiliation heaped on another and one self-involved internal monologue after another of (a) how hot this or that girl was or (b) what a douche his daddy was, just proved that there was just nothing there! Daddy Issues?! Seriously, daddy issues, that’s all you’ve got, Reid? I He had me seeing red. This feeling was present fro say 90% of the book. He needed to grow up, I thought at first. But grow up into what? A bigger douche? Nope. He needed to grow another personality; grow out of what he was. But there was Emma too. She’d raised herself, was very inexperienced so I could not completely count her out. But her vacillating from Guy A to Guy B (no matter how hot one was and how good the other was) had me clenching my teeth. That blow up with Emily made perfect sense to me. And yet, I do not dislike her as much as I do Reid. Because it ,is her story and unlike the former… she does grow up and she does prove that she’s got a spine, that she thinks and that she could change. That daddy issues or no, she’s shaped by her choices. And that she acted. Good on her.The Positives. It’s all Graham. He is Matt from FOL. He’s there, he’s present and like Matt, not as uncomplicated as he initially thought to be. But what’s there to love? Everything I mentioned AND the last ten percent to the book. I didn’t see that coming… and Oh. My. Gosh… Drama is OK, I’m a take it or leave it kind of girl when it comes to drama, but that final reveal has me needing the next one. And since I cannot stop myself I am reading the next one… right now…This is a very high 3.5/5