isamlq

isamlq

Where You Are (Between the Lines, #2) - Tammara Webber Where You Are has me contemplating the truth behind the words ‘there can be too much of a good thing.’ Oh Graham! In BTL, I found myself agreeing with the Matty of FOL comparisons. Anyone bearing coffee for someone hung over is a god… there’s no two ways about it. But let’s admit things shall we? You aren’t much of a beta are you? Your good intentions of wanting her to be her, to be free and unimpeded were canceled out once competition became obvious to you (sort of). And I know. I know that this is a romance novel, for Pete’s Sake… But still! I’d have rather read the Graham in BTL. I wish you’d kept to your beta ways of being present and supportive. Instead here what I got was a jarring mix of (a) love-sick boy who could wax poetic about ‘the rightness of her weight in my arms,’ with (b) love sick-boy who’d veer off in his head at the potential of letting his inner Cave Man out. Don’t get me wrong, I got why he was that way. I just missed what I caught a glimpse of in BTL. Then there’s the competition. Yup, you guessed it: I still loathe Reid. But at least in this one, my loathing was split between him and Brooke. These two were made for each other. Graham’s half baked analysis of them could not have been any more accurate. Both were self-involved, pleasure-now go-getters. While I see nothing wrong in going after what you want, what had me seething was the needless hurt they caused along the way. Effective baddies these ones be. Because, even with the good that he was in the end, I still cannot get myself to get on his side and cheer him on. I should feel sorry for how broken and maladjusted they are. I just don’t. The biggest surprise here is EMMA. Like her, hate her… I wasn’t sure in BTL. Here though she makes some pretty smart observations. I especially like what she had to say on decisions being hers alone. She’d grown up (a little.)I much prefer Graham in BTL, but if you really cannot get enough of him you can give this one a go. 2.5/5