isamlq

isamlq

Under the Never Sky (Under the Never Sky, #1) - Veronica Rossi See? Just because the two leads are of the opposite sex doesn’t mean a story has to be romance-filled cra sap. Theirs is a story of two worlds colliding; where hers is was a world of ease and automatic satisfaction, his is more savage. BUT she isn’t soft AND he wasn’t the savage she’d come to call him at first. The difference in their worlds is key but both sides were equally fascinating. Her world of technology had me imagining: this. His had remembering bits of BLOOD RED ROAD. Definitely distinct but similar somehow because both were filled with cut throat individuals and it’s hers that we’re first exposed to. With everything regimented and everything having a place, it should be no surprise that a world where people say things like “BETTER THAN REAL” would be fascinating. From their Smarteyes to their Realms and their Pods, reading of how small their world was, was interesting. When contrasted against Perry’s very basic life, well… I could see just how difficult it was for Aria to adjust. His world is the more interesting of the two, because it is in his that there‘d been a “drift.” Some people were no longer just people given that some had been Marked: Audiles, Scires and what not. It’s this aspect that threw me for a loop. I truly was not expecting such a thing. To say that I enjoyed their world is a definite understatement and this remains true even with his side coming out clearer than hers. I mean, Unity and Reverie… details, please!Their world aside, the characters were not bad. As said, ARIA isn’t soft… from the get, we see a girl willing to go after what she wants. I do appreciate a girl who acted instead of just sitting meekly by as things happened. PERRY, on the other hand, is a killer. And for this reason, ARIA reacted sensibly: instead of falling to his feet and instantly in love, there’s suspicion, mistrust and a very slow building up of confidence. And while it isn’t a romance, there is some of the same here. The best thing about it? There’s a slow development to a them. Even better was that even together, they each had some goal to achieve separate from the other.I liked this one.THANKS NETGALLEY!3/5