isamlq

isamlq

Clockwork Prince - Cassandra Clare Swoon worthy. Moving the release from month to month to month frustrated me… but jerking around aside, Clockwork Prince totally made up for the long (read frustrating) wait. Not only are we reunited with the likes of Tessa, Jem, Will and Magnus, but we are also shown a little more of the characters. I love the people in this one: James Castairs in particular was a big surprise and had I not been on his team from book one, this second installment would have swayed me to him. Jem is confident. Jem is sexy. And present. This is not to say that Will’s shine had dimmed... such a thing is just not possible. It is Will and his history that had me a little misty eyed. Some of his past is revealed, yet tragic as things stood, he still had that cocky hilarious brash side that had me grinning. There was more to Tessa too: her figuring out who she was and what she could do was interesting, but honestly there is no one character that I love more than another because it’s what they were to each other, how they were for each other that reeled me in. Basically, I LOVED their relationships, complicated as they were... these relationships had me rooting for one side then the other then the other again.Tessa’s dilemma: Love triangle done right. Instead of throwing her to one side or another, Clare offers two viable options. Both sides choices had their own appeal. Both Jem and Will are good. Yet it’s because of the same that her choice is likely to be a little more heartbreaking…with both being good, there’s bound to be one that’s hurt. Beyond Tessa though, there’s that complicated relationship between Jem and Will too. They’re friends, no more than that… they’re brothers. And Oh! My heart broke just a little more for them. And the story itself? It’s got mystery and twists and turns that I did not expect. I almost killed myself trying to piece things together, figuring out JTS! That it’s UNPREDICTABLE is right. But Dear God, that cliffy!5/5