isamlq

isamlq

Sass & Serendipity - Jennifer Ziegler Oh God, my poor brain! I picked this thinking it would be a fun take on S&S. It’s not. Or worse, poor Elinor and Marriane! Is this how they translate? Because from what I recall while Marianne could swoony, with heart-on-sleeve and all that, she wasn’t a total brat, all the time! And while Elinor could be uptight, she was never nasty. But bratty and nasty are how the two girls are in Sass and Serendipity (and not a hint of the title in them)But props on making the two very different from each other… because where one had her feet solidly planted in the ground, the other was prone to the most painfully romantic fancies that had me cringing on her behalf. And this might make me mean, but I’d have laughed my ass off as well when Daphne did what she did. Seriously! While they are miles apart in demeanor, behavior and goals… they both brought their quirks to the limit so that I found nothing redeeming in them. (I even wondered how Mule could stand to be with either.)It’s a quick and easy read though... just not my favorite.2/5