isamlq

isamlq

My Heartbeat - Garret Freymann-Weyr It’s both simple and complicated. SIMPLE: I found myself liking the simplicity that Ellen represented, (but doubting her a little.) I found myself wondering if I’d ever been as innocent as her or as ready and compliant she was because of how she felt for them. With her, everything was simple. There was a surprising lack of drama from this fourteen year old girl (that could have been because she was just fourteen - even if she seemed much younger,- or maybe was because, as James put it, she was cautious, curious, sensitive and intense.) And since each thing he mentioned about her read true to me, each question she put forth (that should would have read ‘put on,’) became honest instead. COMPLICATED: Yet, their connections (her to James; her to Link; James to Link,) were never simple things. James and his being undecided was a great contrast to Link’s being hell bent on being decided. And it’s this part that confused me because, again, the decision made be anyone of them would affect the other two. And in a situation where two of them were in love with the third, (one reluctantly, even unadmittedly, and the other willingly) well, things did get a tad complicated.Interesting, quick… and different.3/5