isamlq

isamlq

Nine Uses for an Ex-Boyfriend - Sarra Manning Ugh, silly question here, but what nine uses are there anyway? Because I’ve just unclenched my jaws from having had them clenched for a good ninety percent of the book. And couldn't get past how annoying/unlikeable the lot of them were. I mean really, I don’t know when the last time I encountered such silly MC's. Where Hope read weak and too willing to believe that love could conquer all, Jack was positively exasperating. At first, he's the typical commitment-phobe, but from there he went on to show just how terrible he could be. Cheater, liar, coward are just a few things that spring to mind. And you'd think, Hope would shine with him in contrast! She does not.At first, I was going with flawed. Yes, she’s simply a flawed girl. And yes, I do have a love for flawed characters particularly the kind you root for; the kind you hope gets a dose of reality to become better. And I thought she was just that ten percent in, even fifteen percent, but if somewhere quite late in the book and she’s still doing what she did in the first bit to get her where she was. Well, how's that go again? Yeah, 'More fool you.' So she went from being flawed then crossed into the realm of stupid. Why? Her realizations just came a little too late for my liking (as in ninety-plus percent!)Seriously though, what nine uses are there?