isamlq

isamlq

Getting Over Garrett Delaney - Abby McDonald Getting Over Garrett Delaney. It’s quite different seeing a girl try to get out of being in love when the norm is seeing a girl fall head over heels over some boy. This one was slow to start for me. Sadie in particular was not that impressive to begin with. She’s a sad girl really. It’s her as BFF with unrequited love, but the twist was what she did to get out of love instead of stewing in it. I really didn’t like her I mean, I really didn’t like her. Most everything said about her with him was true. That she was too wrapped up in him? that there was no her? Both so true; both so sad. Her and Garrett. She’s clueless … and her realizations about him, about herself and about them together were slow to come to her. But once made, change was inevitable… so I was rooting for her. But prior, it was so obvious how little she knew outside their friendship. And never was it more obvious than with Josh. God! Those moments were funny and painful. Funny because how could I not laugh at how little she knew. But painful too, mostly for what Josh must have been feeling. I enjoyed the story mostly because it’s cute and fluffy and funny break. Her twelve step program especially was all those things. Even the supporting characters had me laughing. Sure, there’s not that much too them: I’d even go as far as saying that they felt a bit one dimensional. It was almost as if Sadie had one kind of friend each. One artsy type; one quirky, loud and out there type; one directed and bit too serious in tone; then one who’s popular, pretty and seemingly having everything already figured out. Yet her with them, in pairs or as a group? Hilarious.3/5