isamlq

isamlq

Frost - Marianna Baer It’s creepy on a couple of levels… surprisingly, I’m disappointed in how things turned out. Frost is a psychological thriller that didn’t get me going. I was never really very scared. And the points that had me creeped out,I don’t think were supposed to creep me out.I read on hoping things would pick up. When Leena and her friends decide to room with each other, things could have not been better for her. She’s basically independent anyway, and her friends were her family. When Celeste is thrown into the mix, things got interesting. The girls could be catty…and territorial. Perfectly understandable, yet, I could find nothing remarkable in them. I was almost tempted to not finish FROST because nothing happened in the beginning but slowly (excruciatingly so,) strange things would take place around Celeste. And this is what had the Leena wondering, was roommate right in the head or was there something more sinister going on. And I still didn’t care. The whole reason I was still reading was to see how things would play out in strange trio that had resulted in Leena, Celeste and Celeste’s brother, David. And David! Oh boy… talk about creepy, he’s protective. And in the end it’s his schemes that revealed just how protective he could be. It’s his part of the story that had me swinging from “ummm” to “eeegh?!” But Leena’s no better. She’s just too good to be true with her wanting everyone around her to be happy. The problem was she had problems of her own. And her theories of why Celeste was the way she was… well those applied to her as well.And there’s no good way to say this, so I’ll just say it: the ending sucked.2/5