isamlq

isamlq

Friendship on Fire - Danielle Weiler It’s long, at times overly so. Some of the details in the first third could have been done without because it took a while for me to get into her story. Daisy is no different from your typical teenager although a bit young sounding for someone about to turn eighteen, she could be feisty and she could be she funny too. She’s smart sometimes, but also prone to making some of the most embarrassing of mistakes. Now, if it were just her in this story I don’t think I’d have liked it as much. Her diary entries emphasized how clueless she was could be about certain things. But she did what her teachers said: she never really gave up. Plenty of things happen in this one. And in the end she comes out of it knowing who’s real and who wasn’t. She also comes out of it knowing what she’s capable of. As usual it’s when she was with others that the things got interesting. Her relationship with her parents, then her relationship with her friends is what made her story slightly different. I say ‘slightly’ because the things that did take place in this one feel like I’d read them all before. And I’ll be brutally honest, at times, I felt like the story got bits and pieces of other stories and smooshed them all together. But if you take those bits and parts separately, it was interesting... sometimes. Knowing who’s real and those who weren’t (aka realizations about Nate). At first I could see just how new things were. And I bought their little romance. I was right there with her too. But there was a point when she should have stuck her head out of the sand (or pulled her head from the clouds) and paid heed. Things got a bit predictable in the end, but their start had me thinking of other things, different things.My favorite part of the book is her and Roman. I like that she owned up to it in the end. That they both owned up to where things went wrong and to how badly things were handled. Yes, it starts with a BFF/unrequited love thing, but it was with him that she shone. What made them even better than other pairings before their own is how not perfect he was. She’s not perfect, that’s a given… but the BFF types are always expected to be there when the shit hits the fan. He wasn’t. At least not always. And that made him more possible, likely. Like I said, bits of this read been there and done that, but there were certain portions that worked for me, namely: Roman. 3/5Big thanks to Danielle Weiler for sending a copy over.