isamlq

isamlq

The Wicked and the Just - J. Anderson Coats Going in blind on this one really did pay off. The sometimes self-deceiving, spoiled brat of a daughter that was Cecily could be in turns exasperating, annoying then fascinating. Because really how could she even claim to have had played no part in what was going on (specifically, in what her Gwinny had suffered)? She was exasperating and annoying in how stuck she was in feeling entitled to so many things. Yet, fascinating too because when the moment called for it, she did open her eyes. And such moments were normally prompted with the pushing of Gwen.And its Gwen’s voice that stuck to me; that’s sticking to me til' this moment. Her voice felt angry. But the anger made sense to me, and made her feel more real, plausible, because what else was there to feel? But what’s more to her story is, just like Cecily, her eyes were opened as well. I probably wouldn’t have loved this as much as I do now had either of their voices been missing. Because with the story told from both their perspectives, the story, the place, the history of the place read more complete. They complimented each other, with each telling their side quite clearly. Take it this way, one thing experienced by another was felt so differently by the other. With both their experiences being true, THE WICKED AND THE JUST was quite compelling. Yes, there were moments that were simply not fair, not just, wicked… and I could picture it all.THANK YOU NET GALLEY! 4.5/5