isamlq

isamlq

Until I Die - Amy Plum This didn’t work for me and that’s even with more of the revenant/ numa aspect explained. Too much of it revolved around Kate and Vincent together and them figuring out a way to make their time together longer/easier/more bearable for one or both of them. If the first book had me remarking on how absolutely ordinary she came across, that is sometimes pissed off but normally thinking and wary… here Kate’s less of what she was back then. Here, she’s all 'coquettish' and flirty with Vincent. And I get that they're not out of their “honeymoon period” yet, but it did get a bit much. So yeah, you could say that the romance had been kicked up a notch (several notches, I suppose). Though I could have lived with it being all about them if there were something more to look forward to. As is though, UNTIL YOU DIE focused on them and rarely went beyond the two. And when it did touch on something not involving the couple (rarely, by the way) things felt short to me. Anyway beyond the two were a couple of new players who were so obviously not who they said they were, a couple of interesting annoying moments of selfishness by both the main protags... And, I concede, some interesting moments with a couple of the supporting characters. Jules in particular had me wondering about his role in books to come especially with the way things ended in this one. Speak of the ending: it might well be the only thing in this sequel that could get me to read what happens next. To say that it’s atypical and not the expected HEA is an absolute truth. THANKS Edelweiss!2/5