isamlq

isamlq

Angel Arias - Marianne de Pierres Well, the author has certainly got no qualms about putting her people in sticky situations. She’s also very generous when introducing new characters who I felt just as interesting as the originals; Jarrold and Liam both had me imagining so many things! I look forward to the next one with a little more time with them. All said, Angel Arias didn’t have me as pumped as Burn Bright. That may be because it’s not in Ixion. Let’s face it a place where anything goes is likely to grab then keep a body’s attention, yes? This one with though is filled ducking and covering in places that brought out the girly-girl in me as in: *shudder.* Some of the descriptions, as in Burn Bright, were vivid just not as enamoring. It felt almost scarier, almost more disturbing than some of the things Burn Bright. Recall that I was very impressed with Burn Bright with its vivid world as well as characters that contributed. Book two has both these things, but strangely, I’m just not as in love with it. I do have to point out that I enjoyed the direction some of the characters went. Markes and Lenoire especially had me paying more attention. It was refreshing to see things from the Lenoire’s side. Then things got even more interesting to see more of what made Markes Markes. Revelations here made for a more complications in Naif’s already overly-complicated life. I mean just consider her connection to Lenoire. Then consider her connection to Markes. Then don’t discount the promises she’d made to herself then to her friends. See? Complicated. Yet, I like that she’s so different from most everyone in the book. I also like that the others were not clueless about how different she actually was. She’s an interesting lead, as is repeatedly mentioned, she’s quiet, doesn’t want to make waves but strong and acts when necessary. Most of all, I like that she’s not afraid of showing her vulnerabilities to people who actually count. So even with me feeling lukewarm over book two, I am still looking forward to the next one. Maybe some of the dark/magical/different vibe that Burn Bright had will come back minus the ducking and covering that filled this one.3.25/5