isamlq

isamlq

The Queen of Attolia - Megan Whalen Turner Three reasons why I loved the Queen of Attolia: There be Humor. There be Intrigue. And a love that is so completely unexpected.Queen of Attolia is what awesome is made of. Though truth be told not one moment was broing. One thing then another went from interesting, to good, then to awesome. The bets thing about this is that it’s so cleverly written. I had no clue what was going to happen next. The political intrigue especially was plotted so specifically, so carefully that when something did happen I was floored (I kid you not.) Then add people who had me rooting for them. That Gen had all these people around and that he felt a certain way for others with them feeling the exact opposite. This is where things got pretty emotional for me. What he thought of himself and what others saw in him. Then what he thought of Attolia and what she thought of him. It was all so complicated. Now, if the first book had me pegging him as a certain something, this second book proved me wrong in some aspects: here he learned some things about himself and as he learned those things so did I and I was left only more impressed. Nothing in this is simple. His relationships with those who know him best, plans behind plans and plots were all so complicated and cloudy that I could not tell what was in store for him and everyone around him.This is a definite favorite.****so here's the skinny: THIS BOOK IS MADE OF AWESOME!