isamlq

isamlq

Wander Dust - Michelle Warren Interesting concept of putting people together and having them depend on each. All the talk on Seer/Protector/Wanderer had me curious, but sadly it just took too long before I was more than just flipping pages. The author has a very clear vision of how things are in her world. She takes her time laying down the details, keeping the time travel details/ paranormal elements clear and different enough, so most things did make sense. But something outside the PNR/travel aspect also still dragged WANDER DUST to the point of boring for me. Sadly, even when things did finally get a little more interesting, my enthusiasm had been lost somewhere along the way.It’s not bad though because Sera is different. She’s her issues but tried to deal. She initially came off as immature: the sad lonely little girl with a father that didn’t get her. But her thoughts on going insane made her slightly more interesting to me. She’s not got her head stuck in the sand, was perfectly aware of how screwed up her father was and how screwed up she could be. But she paid attention.I was a little more impressed with how her past was weaved into the mystery that surrounded her in her new school. Yet, I was (as usual) frustrated by the closed mouth way a lot of them were. I enjoyed Sam the most (even if Max Bishop is painted as every girl’s dream) because of the absence of the “instant connection” between the two; this, I thought, was more plausible. So basically the three of them struggling to get to know each other because they had to… was a different way to introduce a would be team of paranormals. That said, there’s little else I could commend in this one. Well, I suppose I should add that the magic, the teachers, and the newness of it all to Sera... felt “very-new-girl –in-new-school” ala Harry Potter. And like I said, the details are there and they explain a lot away, but there was something in the beginning in the manner the details were presented that bored me. The ending saved it for me. I had a hard time getting into it but now that’s it’s over I’m curious about what’s to follow. 3/5