isamlq

isamlq

Junk Miles (Brenna Blixen, #2) - Liz Reinhardt There were parts that I enjoyed. Brenna is still figuring herself out AND still drawn to both boys. She makes mistakes but so do the boys. Her voice is realistic, if a little self-involved. It’s still geared to a more mature audience, with the sex and exploration and what not, but there is more drama (as to the last, is that a good thing or not?) Now, faced with the ever present love triangle, do I want to start this by settling on which of her choices was hotter? Should I? Really? If Double Clutch was mostly her being torn between two equally smokin’ choices, Junk Miles highlights precisely what’s not to like in either Jake or Saxon… most especially in Saxon. He has a lot of face time in this one. But as usual, he could be douche. Yet, there were moments when he wasn’t. But, the girl does like her bad boys, *shrugs* Then there’s Jake who showed just how little he thought of himself (reformed bad boy and all that) and how much he thinks of her (too much at times.) And it’s these two things that gives her pause. I could understand her misgivings, as she made a couple of valid points (really I could.) But, still, I had problems with her choices. A lot of what she thought and a lot of what she did made perfect sense… too perfect as if almost rehearsed. She did not want to be pegged as anyone’s girl; consequently the girl acts, indulges then does some pretty selfish things. Add the fact that her mother encourages her to indulge and stuff. It all sounded right, but there was one thing holding me back… what about the others around her? It was all “I am confused,” or “I don’t know what I want.” And because of those things she ‘branches out’ and tries other things. This is not bad a thing, but it didn’t mean that she had to go about it the way she did, and break so many hearts along the way.Basically, girl wanting to prove she’s her own woman does not equal being selfish and insensitive. 2.5/5