isamlq

isamlq

Slow Twitch (Brenna Blixen, #3) - Liz Reinhardt I was charmed by Brenna in Double Clutch. She impressed me with her head on her shoulders, her feet solidly planted on the ground. So I was completely taken aback with the turn of events in BOOK TWO. I recall feeling her that reasons were a cop out to getting what she wanted at the expense of another. Now, a couple of moths later, I’m happy to report that SLOW TWITCH brings back a little of my admiration for her in DC. So Slow Twitch might not be as good as book one but it’s a far cry better from Book two.I enjoyed how each of them got a chance reveal more of themselves even when these revelations were done reluctantly. Things got done in this book and it allowed me the opportunity to get a clearer picture of why Brenna was the way she was. Still, I have to say that my favorite moments were of Saxon: a little less the bad boy, he was turning into something so different from what I’d come accustomed to in the first books. I felt satisfied with his outcome… which is not precisely what I felt for the other two of this not-quite-love triangle. I was confused by Jake because the same issues I had with him in the past crept up a little, but I wasn’t as bothered. Perhaps this is because in this he read more authentic. Jake and his insecurities even Brenna and her need to be who she was and her need to decide what she felt, felt less forced to me. Maybe because it’s been a couple of months since I read the last one and now I’d become used to their personalities? Basically, they all felt like persons /personalities to me instead of people just spouting of justifications/excuses.It’s an OK end to a series whose start had me excited. The “me, me, me” bent I attributed to Brenna personality after BOOK Two has been blunted now. I think I know her more… and maybe even like her (just not all the time.) 2.5/5Side note: is it just me or does Brenna draw Saxon type personalities to her? I am quite curious about what’s in store for Evan, (aka Saxon with ovaries.) Will there be there a spin-off?