isamlq

isamlq

Fat Kid Rules the World - K.L. Going Fat Kid Rules the World. There came a point when all Troy’s “fat kid jokes” become less funny and more sad. The self-deprecating humor on his part had me laughing early on but only later feeling slightly uncomfortable in how uncomfortable he really felt. Add the fact that a lot of this felt so unlikely. Think Cinderella. Only it’s Curt the semi-homeless rock god guitar high school legend who takes the fairy godmother persona, to Troy’s ‘Fat kid/ Cinderella. The transformation though came a bit slow, funny, certainly but as is slightly predictable, well…you realize that they transform each other. I enjoyed them together. Curt in particular. He’s got a very go get 'em stance, and he's got this easy confidence that never really quite rubbed off off on the other, but there’s was a change in Troy. But seriously, there’s only so many FAT KID jokes one can take before pity takes over one’s emotions. I also liked that they weren’t together all the time; that instead it’s Troy on his own mulling over his possibilities that lead to more of the change. Then surprise of surprises the father is actually a good guy. The two are so different from each other, save the fact that neither lives a perfect life. Where one is so unsure about what he’s got to offer, the other is quite sure but lacks the support to do so… well, what a pair is all. It’s too bad that I felt there was something missing to them.2/5