isamlq

isamlq

Social Suicide - Gemma Halliday 3.5/5 So here’s to sophomore installments that to meet the the standard the first one’s set. Social Suicide is just as funny as the first. It’s a very good mix of high school high jinks, crossed signals, as well as… murder and mayhem? One need not be surprised by how funny things could get with Hart on the case. Minus the distraction that Josh offered, Hart still made some funny calls, normally with BFF Sam at her side. But I still enjoyed the fluff this one offered. It was her over the top reactions, her funny way with words as well as her gung ho manner in taking to a task that had me laughing, cringing and reacting every which way. This girl just couldn’t let go, could she? It’s this last fact that had her winding up in so many an awkward situation. Social Suicide actually manages to avoid that dreaded sophomore slump by keeping to a lot of what made the first one work, yet still working things so that Hart and the rest of the gang proved more than what I’d first pegged them to be. All of them revealed more to themselves. Focus on Chase for instance, if in book one we know that there’s a might be/could be/should be between them, here things just got tons more complicated. So much so that I didn’t know whether to laugh at each move one of them pulled or just to cringe on her behalf (then plonk him on the head for her.) He was funny with her. She was funny with him… sometimes in that intentional way; other times sometimes in that “I think I know what comes next” manner. Did I laugh? You, betcha. Then the added bonus of the SMother moments, Hart and her mother just killed me! Hart especially with her not wanting to know. I could just picture Hart plugging her ears going la la la la… just to avoid seeing what actually was. She could be frustrating… but at least she was funny while at it.Definitely looking forward to the next one. 3.5/5