isamlq

isamlq

What's Left of Me - Kat Zhang Original. It’s so absolutely different from anything else out there; I was so impressed by how good it was. The whole idea of dominant and recessive souls and settling was so new to me What’s better? It’s not that hard to figure out... but not lacking in explanation either. It’s clear what the crux of the matter is: their feeling abnormal because of what they were, and other people fearing the same. I got it, and I was hooked with each page. There was a lot of things I’d never come across before, and I loved every moment of it: from the oddness of Hally/Lissa, to the their feelings for their dad and her mom, to their feelings for Ryan/Devon. Not once is it simple. Not of the characters are typical YA. And while Addie’s the dominant one, we know more about Eva than we do her, and I liked that attack to the story because it made their even more different. How Eva feels the lack of control, the silence of her voice. But what’s even more surprising is it’s not often that you’d feel that much negativity from the latter. And when the negativity did come out, it was all the more loud. Theirs was a complicated relationship but still very typical of siblings (well, mine at least.) Them wanting the other to be happy, but feeling slightly unhappy for themselves, if that makes sense. Then the whole, “bearing it together.” What other choice did they have? And they were so much closer for it. Fascinating these two, I thought.Things become even more complicated later on with the Ryan in the picture. How exactly was that going to work? It’s a question that’s voiced once or twice when the possibility of a THEM came up. I like that. That questions were asked, questions made were those that made sense and that the story wasn’t bogged down by any lovey-love concerns. 4/5thank you edelweiss!