isamlq

isamlq

Winging It - Deborah Cooke Ok, me likening FLYING BLIND one to Jacinda’s and Sophie’s stories was jumping the gun because WINGING IT alters course slightly by introducing a host of characters who are similarly situated to her and her ilk, as well as by introducing a teensy tiny *not*prophecy with Zoe at its focus. Sure, it’s still funny and young… but it got all kinds of kick ass out of the blue. Thunderbirds, dude. Thunderbirds! When they’re first introduced in book one, they were just that extra little bit that complicated matters more. Here, the mess that’s created has them sort of in the center. Only it wasn’t just them, given the addition of wolf shifters and cat shifters! So her world’s growing and just to amp up things even more, there’s more specifics in the magic and spell-singing thrown into the mix! Still, while it is fun and quick, I confess I thought a lot of the goings on could be so frustratingly obvious(?) There’s a lot of going into things despite knowing their chances were slim. A lot of waving the red flag in front of the bull, if that makes sense. Also, the boy drama! Lots and lots of boy drama. I was totally on board with her and Isabelle on their boys-are-clueless spiel. I still liked this though; it’s an entertaining way to pass a couple of hours without me having to roll my eyes (all the time) after each passage.3/5