isamlq

isamlq

Call Me Irresistible - Susan Elizabeth Phillips It's a 4.5 for now, simply because I.Can't.Stop.Grinning!Fun times this… even if some of it felt recycled with a female lead having fallen on hard time in a close knit community of the weird and the out there. Of a self-made man who’s a lot of the times analytical and not as emotional as she (or so she thought.) They see the other, eventually see into each other, needle each other then rip each other apart. I enjoyed the two of them immensely. She’s her issues with him, with the town and with herself; only she’s more vocal about the first two than the last. As to the last? She’s the self declared bad girl though she really is not as bad as others think she is. Her issues stem from being slightly less ambitious than the rest of her over achieving family. And only get worse once she’s cut off from them. I had fun with her; I laughed with her, and yes, even sometimes laughed at her; but a lot of the times, I got angry on her behalf. Now, Ted is the typical SEP lead: rich, handsome, but good… just not with her. And it’s that side of him (the way he was with her) that made him only more the puzzle to her and more an attraction. I found it funny her descriptions of him. She’d heard him perfect even before the trees parted just so, allowing the light to trickle through and highlight him with a halo. Or even before the birds seemed to sing and trill when he’d make an entrance. Oh, boy! Those descriptions had me laughing. so. hard. She’s so funny in describing things that way, because sometimes she was right: He is a good guy… sometimes too much of the good guy so that when she mocked him with that sudden exclamation of “Stigmata!” my cheeks hurt from grinning too much. What's got me feeling all light hearted over them is how hilarious the two could be that starting off on the wrong foot bit, then her with her loyalty and her out-there ways; him and what she perceived as his maybe robotic manner.When things went as things normally do in SEP novels, I felt more. Him treating her like crap, and her giving as good as she got were both absofreakinglutely hilarious but later, much later, sexy. Still, my favorite thing about her and this is her sense of humor. But I also love her pride because, yes, she’s another one of those types: the down on her luck, but one for the challenge (but still prone to questioning herself) types. She’s not perfect mind you, but I like her. There’s also that little bonus for me. It having been a couple of years since I last read an SEP, seeing those old characters again was nice.***See, I feel very positively for this that I'm typing this out on this minuscule QWERTY pad on my phone! Decent review in a bit, just give me some time to get over how gushy I'm feeling right now :)