isamlq

isamlq

Something About You - Julie James Note to self, when in sucky mood, rom/com, funny sexy reads is where the remedy lies. I laughed. A LOT, so I appreciated this though it’s be no means my absolute-favorite-romantic read-ever (because the distinction of which goes to a Nora Roberts book with the cartoonist living in an old light tower. What’s was the title again? I remember that and I ending up all giggly and laughing over how prickly the guy was and how sexy their sexy times were. But its title eludes me. Huh, So much for favorite reads.) On Something About You. I enjoyed both Jack and Cameron. Her for taking no crap, asking the right stuff and, then doing something about it; him for being hot and riding a motor cycle. Superficial, I know… but there’s really not that much to the guy. He could be an ass, he was an ass, in fact; but he’s a sexy ass. Plus, he could be a funny ass time and again too. The first half was much better than the second where things were more funny than sexy. I needed something fun and this was precisely that. This has been on my TBR for what might be almost two years, and I’m glad that I picked it up now mainly because most of what I’ve been reading either take themselves too seriously or have got no zing to get me excited. This doesn’t take itself seriously, though formulaic at points, at least it entertained me particularly with her and the Tom and Jerry comparisons. Favorite bit though was with the twins and the bachelorette party. Oh, boy did I laugh! Second half was not as much fun though. Too many moments of him being a jerk; too many I love you’s and too little funny moments. On the whole, I liked this. The banter between the two… the animosity that develops into something else. I also liked their links to other people. Her with Amy and Cameron; him with Wilkins… both added more to them because they’re funny even when not in each others presence. Obviously the suspense part of the story is not the focus, I mean half the time we’re told who did what, why and how, solving whatever mystery there could have been, but the chemistry! Oi!3/5