isamlq

isamlq

Storm - Brigid Kemmerer Initial impression of the four hot boys on the cover:Pftt. Not my thing. Knee jerk reaction after last page: Crazy clicking on my part thinking there was more to follow only to realize that it was over! I was less diappointed and more like this: I was completely wrong about this! It was fun, it was funny… and not too romance-y, (well most of the time). And yes, there may have been a love triangle, but I moved along with it and saw that each one had his merits and his fair share of mistakes too. And yes, her parent may have been absent, but there was a point to that as well. And indeed, her best friend didn’t quite fit the mold of “BFF,” but it was all good. All those little “been there and done that” moments were immaterial, STORM is just that good! This was fun and I had a big grin plastered from word go. On hot boys, OK. I’ll be the first to admit that crushing on these four hot boys (uber-cheesy cover on the book notwithstanding) makes me a tad immature, but… they simply had me grinning. How they played off each other; how each a specific type was sooo good! Except they’re so much more that I initially thought too. Types, you ask? One is solid and dependable, if a bit surly Another, nice, cool and at times distant. Yet another, a danger to the teenage girl population. (End of.) But STORM revolves around the youngest one... being exactly what you’d think a youngest is. It’s Chris who has yet to define who he is. It’s Chris Becca rescues. And Becca! She’s so darned funny, prone to making mistakes and going off half cocked… there’s even moment of it where she pulls a McFly. Perhaps, that she is so far from perfect is what I liked about her. But there’s more to them too as I would soon discover, there’s more than a little heart break in their past. Later it’s their secrets that have cause more of the action to take place. And just like the brothers,’ there’s more to her story as well: sad secrets that have her unsure and shaken and even more separated from the rest than they are. It’s her side of it that’s a touch heavy making this mostly action-filled summer blockbuster feeling read. Oh and that ending? It really came too soon!4/5