isamlq

isamlq

Nightshifted - Cassie Alexander What I liked: There’s a notable absence of histrionics on Edie Spence’s part. Because out girl? She’s a realist. She sees things for what they are and makes do. But she’s also a good woman trying to right some wrongs, do what’s right (at least the few she’s able to). So, her being the nurse that she is was totally apt. Add in that she didn’t sit on her hands and wait for things to happen; she made thing happen. Did I mention realist? Because while cognizant of the goings on and accepting of it all, I also found her funny in her methods, sex being one of… mainly because she’d end up with the oddest of bed partners. The sexy times are reminiscent of Sooki and company~ the girl, all good and positive surrounded by deadly (hot) supernatural men. Edies’ just like that, less the positivity. Plus, she really is good… or tries to be. Her push and pull with her brother, knowing what he did and who he was illustrated this. And, though it shouldn’t come as a surprise: it’s the last which eventually finds her mired in all those supernatural things: She’s got vampires with their various thrones and factions, a friggin syphilitic were-dragon… and all other weres for the matter, zombies that regenerate, plus one or two shifters. So, Her life? Definitely, not boring.What I liked a little more: It’s got a darker feel, yet it doesn’t get bogged down in all of the same, rather things progress in a matter of fact way. Bad things happen, the story moves on and she along with. She moves on. That, and she could be funny while at it. Plus, gross out factor to the highest. Just think Zombies… then factor in a romance. Then consider that this is Urban Fantasy… Fascinating in the how-to’s and what’s-it’s, but let’s face it, toward the end there? Things did get more than a bit gruesome. Surprisingly: I liked it.What I wanted more of… Anna and Sike!3/5