isamlq

isamlq

Shadows - Ilsa J. Bick It’s one horror show after another and it was good at first. It would have kept on being good, if only there were fewer people popping up it, adding yet another element to recall. Plus, the shifts from one person to another had my head spinning, except that each of their stories was scary cannot be denied. First, it’s Alex to Chris, then Chris to Lena and Lena to Peter. And eventually, there’s Tom. Then factor in monsters a-plenty of the cannibal zombie things, militia with their own agenda, and Rule, all of which are somehow part of this dark (confusing) conspiracy. That last had me struggling to see the bigger picture, but My God! Things could get interesting and violent and gory. Plus all the hair on end moments as with one figuring out that the sweet old couple, aren’t so sweet after all. Then little more terrifying is the prospect of Changing… that not of them knew what or how or why. That each of them faded out in then linked back in…then would be so scared about what was happening. Then up one more notch, is the idea that the Changed being in it for more than just the flesh for eating! Now, if only I weren’t so confused half the time with so many people, the too quick shifts, and sometimes identical issues to slog through, things could get a little confusing. One thing though that sudden divide in Ashes where Alex goes from girl surviving an apocalyptic world to one enmeshed in some other kind of kind of horror story a la Lottery, here things elements were more put together, that clearly one thing linked to another somehow.Thank you NetGalley!A 4 for the gore, but this a 3.5 at most for me.