isamlq

isamlq

Smashed - Lisa Luedeke With Katie doing what she was doing: the lying and the drinking and the lying, I was hard pressed to like her. Truly, I was trying not to judge, but couldn’t help it… but this was all before what’s done to her happened! Prior to that, I felt sorry for the girl but nothing more than that. After, if I set every other thing aside, like she’s too down on herself or like he is in a class of his own in being a douche almost to the point of being criminal, my main issue is that i felt it a load of crock how things eventually went down: Would it happen in real life? That her reputation be taken a strike against the gravity of what she was saying, so much so that virtually nothing is done about it? Really?! I don’t know what my point is, but something about how things unfolded on that end still bothers me. There’s basically no consequence for the guy… and if possible things get worse for her! She’s isolates herself, drowns herself in the thing that got her in the mess to begin with, and then loses what mattered most to her.Now before that the girl’s life read almost too sad. Father gone, mother absent, and the girl free to do as she pleased, then throw in a handsome boy that prompted her to question ‘what does he see in me?’ Actually, she asked that a lot of the time. She’s doubtful/curious/wary/surprised that people take an interest in her. It’s a sad but frustrating too. Except all that was depressing seemed to be the reason she was doing what she was doing...so that it felt almost cut and dried. But nothing in this is really all that simple especially if you factor in the sides of her that were better as with her feeling like she’s all her little brother had, her setting her mind on a goal and going at it. But then, time and time again… she’d get sucked in, and I’d wonder… what the hell are you thinking, girl?! It was frustrating how she went into something knowing something was not quite right… and then him proving just how low he could stoop. 2.5/5