isamlq

isamlq

Eve & Adam - Michael  Grant, Katherine Applegate Eve and Adam. Take a little of what Adoration of Jenna Fox made thrilling and throw in some the easy off hand humor that has marked some of the recent YA favorites (Elementals to name but one) and you just might get a handle on what reading this was like. It’s funny.That’s actually the biggest surprise. It doesn’t take itself too seriously at all even with all the biological horrors alluded to. Eve is rich girl and perfectly aware. Solo has a ginormous chip on his shoulders. And they both live in a world that’s ours. I’d assumed something set in the not so distant future, but that it’s not only had it feeling more accessible. The characters, they’re very easy to like. She’s is pretty and smart and picky. I enjoyed how clearly she describes her flaws. She’s not perfect but knows what she can do. No big surprise is the love interest. But joy of joys! He’s easy to like as well. So, yes, people might find issue with Eve and Adam leaning too heavily on the sudden love between the two… but they’re funny and they entertained me. There’s a hell ton of unexplainable and unlikely occurrences that were simply too pat like the both of them being whip smart, often in the most convenient of times. I mean, there he was being all Bourne, escaping and evading; then there she was, being a little too girl-genius in what she was doing. But it’s a fun book and they, funny characters, sure some of the twists are obvious; sure, you can tell where things were headed… ...but it was fun, I tell you!3.5/5Thank you Netgalley!